1. Coffee makes my stomach burn, but I still drink it daily. I probably have ulcers as a result. I'm an addict, what can I say?
2. I love to go grocery shopping, and am completely intent on the task when I do. If you see me in the store and wave, I probably won't see you unless you physically accost me.
3. Along with #2, I also love to cook.. more than any one person should. Which makes me wonder if I've chosen the wrong career path and should be a chef or baker instead. I don't know how well I would do with the 14 hour days and heavy lifting. Maybe I'd love it?
4. I think it's funny to tape/Velcro/attach things to my child and watch her run in circles, trying to get it off.
5. I hate my husband’s plants. They never flower. They just sit there, constantly green, spindly, and mocking me.
6. I keep a blog that no one but Julie and I read.
7. When I watch Pride and Prejudice, I desperately wish I was Lizzie, in love with Mr. Darcy.
8. I love to knit, and am pretty proud of being almost completed with my first project of mittens.
9. When I'm really concentrating on something, I will tune you completely out. A product of living in a house full of brothers, if I ignored them long enough they would go away. Which, coincidentally, works amazingly well with my husband. :P
10. Sometimes, I will have really intense dreams of fantastical places and people (aka: Mr. Darcy) and I will get really depressed when I wake up and realize it was just a dream.
11. If you ask me what's wrong and I say "nothing", ask again.
12. When I was a kid, I used to make "garden soup" in a five gallon bucket, with the hose, a wooden spoon, and rotting foilage from the garden. I would serve it up in bowls to my grandparents. Trust me, I make much better soup now. It only contains half the original amount of water, leading to a much more concentrated flavor of rotting vegetables with just a hint of petunia.
13. When I was little I wanted to be a nurse or a teacher, the most generic of the kid-friendly careers. There's no way I would ever want to be a nurse. I wouldn't put a catheter in someone if you paid me.
14. I belong to the Willy Street Co-op, but hardly ever shop there. I love natural and organic foods, but my wallet does not.
15. I love 18th and 19th century furniture and clothing. If I could dress like Marie Antoinette and get paid, I would.
16. I also love Antiques Roadshow, especially the episode where they found a fake 19th century chair by smelling it. Apparently baby powder was used in refinishing it, and was still traceable.
17. I have never seen the ocean or been abroad. I travel there frequently through my friends, so it ALMOST feels like I've been there, but not quite.
18. Some days I can't stand my job. It's so repetitive and boring that I get easily distracted by leaves blowing outside, or a squirel running up a tree.. maybe I shouldn't sit by the window.
19. I am a firm believer in the slow food movement and eating at home. Anything that has 75 ingredients and comes in a microwavable pouch, cannot be healthy.
20. Everytime I watch "How Clean Is Your House?" on the BBC, I clean the bathroom.
21. Sometimes I wish I lived in Greece, in a white and blue villa on a cliff, overlooking the sea. Then I think of the poor economy (worse than ours), the poverty, and the smell of riding on a donkey, and I reconsider.
22. I will occasionally quit coffee. I'll go through all the work of weaning myself off to decaf tea for a week, and then one whiff of good ground coffee and I'm back to the bad stuff.
23. I can't stand the idea of eating raw oysters. Slippery and slimy, like swallowing snot, why would you do that to yourself when you DON'T have a cold?
24. I think Evelyn is the most adorable kid in the world, but doesn't every mother?
25. I really miss my friend. You know who you are.